Pets - They Are Good For Your Health!
Did you know there are many health benefits of owning a pet? Most households in the United States have at least one pet. Check out this list of benefits from the Centers of Disease Control – and if you don’t have a pet, you might just be ready to get one!
Studies have shown that the bond that people have with their pets can increase fitness, lower stress, and bring happiness to their owners. Some medical benefits include:
• Decreased Blood Pressure
• Decreased Cholesterol Levels
• Decreased Triglyceride Levels
• Decreased Feelings of Loneliness
• Increased Opportunities for Exercise and Outdoor Activities
• Increased Opportunities for Socialization
There are some precautions to take regarding your health and pets as they can sometimes carry harmful germs that can make us sick. But proper care and hygiene of your pet can help you stay healthy and enjoying lots of fun with your pet.