Find a Provider
1 Criteria Search
Telehealth Visits: Putting a New Spin on House Calls
Telehealth*, also known as telemedicine, brings you the same quality health care you've come to expect, now in the comfort of your home. Through virtual doctor appointments, you can connect with your healthcare provider and receive primary care in real-time.
There are many benefits of telehealth. It gives providers the ability to monitor their patients remotely if they are not able to come into the clinic. This reduces individuals’ exposure to COVID-19, ensures patients receive their health care wherever they are located, and also reduces time spent traveling! Not only that, but telehealth also shortens wait time for appointments, meaning less time off of work and for childcare! (telehealth.hhs.gov)
Available Telehealth Services:
- Family Medicine
- Counseling and Therapy
- Dietitian Services
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- General Surgery
- Pain Management
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Psychiatric Medication Services
- Weight Loss
Telehealth Appointment Process
Options for Requesting Your Appointment
- Call your Iowa Specialty Hospital healthcare clinic to schedule an appointment. For information on clinic locations, please visit our Locations page.
- Message your provider’s team through MyChart.
Requirements for a Telehealth Appointment
- Smartphone, tablet, or computer with a camera
- A MyChart account is recommended
Preparations Prior to Your Virtual Appointment
- Enroll in Mychart.
- To enroll in MyChart, call 515-532-9349
- Be sure to record your username and password and keep it handy.
- MyChart is a great way to manage your appointments
- Download the MyChart App to your smartphone.
- From your phone. Use one of the codes below to download the App.
- From your phone, use one of the links below to download the App.
|For iPhone||For Android|
“Arriving” for Your Appointment
- Log into your Mychart App
- Shortly before your appointment follow the “E check-in” prompts found within your upcoming appointment.
- During “E-check in,” you can update your medication list, upload an insurance card, add a new pharmacy, and process any co-pays.
- Next, select the TH appointment from within your MyChart App. Your TH appointment will be found within the appointment option.
- Once you select the appropriate appointment, you will see the e-sign in option.
- Follow the e-sign in prompts. At the end of E-sign in, you will receive a thank you for completing the e-sign in process.
- You may exit out of this screen.
- Select your TH appointment.
- An option to test your hardware will appear.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will see “Begin Visit”.
- Your next screen will double-check that you are ready. Once you are ready, click the green “join call” button.
- You will see a white screen that shows you are in the waiting room and that someone will be joining you soon.
- You will also be able to see yourself in the small screen, located on the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- You are now ready for your appointment and a member of our medical team will be with you shortly!
For questions about Telehealth and our remote clinical services, please call Robyn Paulsen at 515-602-9830.
*Iowa Specialty Hospital’s Telehealth System is HIPAA secure for patient privacy and protection.