Find a Provider
1 Criteria Search
Telehealth Virtual Healthcare Visits: Putting a New Spin on House Calls
Telehealth, also known as telemedicine, brings you the same quality health care you've come to expect, now in the comfort of your home. Through virtual doctor appointments, you can connect with your healthcare provider and receive primary care in real-time.
There are many benefits of telehealth. Virtual doctor visits give providers the ability to monitor their patients remotely if they are not able to come into the clinic. This reduces individuals’ exposure to COVID-19, ensures patients receive their primary and preventative healthcare wherever they are located, and also reduces time spent traveling! Not only that, but telehealth also shortens wait time for appointments, meaning less time off of work and for childcare!
Available Telehealth Services:
- Family Medicine Services
- Counseling and Therapy Services
- Dietitian Services
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Gastroenterology Specialists
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics/Gynecology & Reproductive Health
- Orthopedic Services
- Full Body Orthopedic Care
- Orthopedic Trauma Care
- Sports Medicine Services
- Joint Replacement Consultations
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management Services
- Pediatric Doctors
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy Services
- Podiatry Specialists
- Psychiatric Medication Services
- Weight Loss Services
Telehealth Appointment Process
Options for Requesting Your Appointment
- To see a doctor online, call your Iowa Specialty Hospital healthcare clinic to schedule an appointment. For information on clinic locations, please visit our Locations page.
- Message your provider’s team through MyChart.
Requirements for a Telehealth Appointment
- Smartphone, tablet, or computer with a camera
- A MyChart account is recommended
Preparations Prior to Your Virtual Appointment
- Enroll yourself in MyChart
- To enroll in MyChart, call 641-444-5600
- Be sure to record your username and password and keep it handy.
- MyChart is a great way to manage your appointments
- Using your smartphone, scan one of the codes below to download the App.
- From your phone. Use one of the codes below to download the App.
- From your phone, use one of the links below to download the App.
|For iPhone||For Android|
“Arriving” for Your Virtual Doctor’s Appointment
- Log into your MyChart App
- Shortly before your appointment follow the “E check-in” prompts found within your upcoming appointment.
- During “E-check in,” you can update your medication list, upload an insurance card, add a new pharmacy, and process any co-pays.
- Next, select the telehealth appointment from within your MyChart App. Your telehealth appointment will be found within the appointment option.
- Once you select the appropriate appointment, you will see the e-sign-in option.
- Follow the e-sign-in prompts as they appear. At the end of the E-sign, you will receive a thank you message for completing the e-sign-in process.
- You may exit out of this screen.
- Select your telehealth appointment.
- An option to test your hardware will appear.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will see “Begin Visit”.
- Your next screen will double-check that you are ready. Once you are ready to begin your appointment, click the green “join call” button.
- A white screen will appear that indicates you are in the waiting room and that someone will be joining you soon.
- You will also be able to see yourself on the small screen, located on the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- You are now ready for your at-home healthcare appointment and a member of our medical team will be with you shortly!
For questions about Mychart Telehealth services, please call 641-444-5600. For any other remote clinical services, please call Robyn Paulsen 515-602-9830.
*Iowa Specialty Hospital’s Telehealth System is HIPAA secure for patient privacy and protection.